- Ground turkey
- 1 can corn with sea salt (drained)
- Black beans drained and rinsed (organic if possible)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (no sugar added if possible)
- 1 small can diced green chilies
- 1 cup wild rice
- 2 cups low sodium organic chicken broth
Brown turkey with some salsa (homemade is best when possible) then add everything else and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer on low-medium (closer to medium) until rice is cooked. The rice I use usually take about 40 minutes.
My kids and hubby like to add a little shredded cheese and/or sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt). You can also serve in peppers! Yummy! Even my twin toddlers love this dinner and super easy!!